Pass the Controller

Full Version: What are you listening to?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
The Kaiser Chiefs, seeing them on Weds as a birthday present so I figured I should try and remember more of their stuff than the first album's hits.

I hadn't listened for a good while until recently, but I'd forgotten how fun they are. Still, I would put a lot of their new fans down to The Voice
Unfortunately working in an office limits my music choices, despite having Sonos pumping through the ceiling speakers. My normal choices of tunes get over-written by the other 'straights'. Apparently listening to Sam Smith and Ed Gingerface over and over all day and every day is supposed to make us work better??
Well currently listening to the high pitched whine that composes my tinnitus. Otherwise listening to Amanda Lee on YouTube.
Same ol same old, Rob Zombie, Neil Diamond juxtaposition. Smile
So, kaiser chiefs last night - they were good fun (needed a touch more volume though, i expected to be deafened at gigs lol). However the support was from Public Service Broadcasting, who've I've only heard of by name. Turns out they're really good, they take old news samples and set them to rock/sythpop tunes. Also what's quite cool is that they have no mics, all stage banter is done by pre-recorded samples as well, which he triggers in order to make a sentence.

Good stuff, check 'em out.
Given that the western release of Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn doesn't come with the official soundtrack (Given the number of Gundam franchises involved you can see why) I have to turn to Youtube, and since I am currently playing the SEED campaign....

This band called "The Civil Wars" that my mate in work just sent me about twenty minutes ago. Kinda cool sound, might look up a couple of more songs.

(02-17-2015, 05:54 PM)FadelessRipleyX Wrote: [ -> ]This band called "The Civil Wars" that my mate in work just sent me about twenty minutes ago. Kinda cool sound, might look up a couple of more songs.

Shame they split. I've got Barton Hollow, good album
Since I started watching Gundam Build Fighters Try I have been ever so impressed with the soundtrack, but the one track that stands out for me is Clear and Serene. Basically this track plays whenever Sekai is going to open up some ice cold cans of whoop-ass on the opponent. I'll probably squee over the series some more on the anime thread.
Funeral for a Friend - Chapter and Verse: It's pretty good, short sharp angry hardcore. Like the previous album a bit short though. Still interesting to see a band getting less mainstream with each album, rarely happens.

Enter Shikari - The Mindsweep: Same as normal, shouty songs with wubwub and pop elements. I like it, though at mo I think I prefer Flashflood (Except Constellations, that was awful). Some of the lyrics still seem a bit forced perhaps.

Steven Wilson - Cover Version: A collection of semi-acoustic covers of stuff by Abba, The Cure and others, plus some previously rare solo songs. Extremely mournful and melancholic, but beautiful too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11