Pass the Controller
Nintendo Switch - Printable Version

+- Pass the Controller (http://forum.passthecontroller.co.uk)
+-- Forum: The Forums (http://forum.passthecontroller.co.uk/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Nintendo (http://forum.passthecontroller.co.uk/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Nintendo Switch (/thread-136.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Nintendo NX - PTC l1am - 04-27-2016

(04-27-2016, 03:55 PM)Plasma wing Wrote: I'm still hoping it'll be backwards compatible with Wii U games in some form, if not, then I doubt I'll ever play any of them.

Ditto.

RE: Nintendo NX - PTC Crisco - 06-29-2016

The NX wasn't shown at E3 because Nintendo were scared that their ideas would be stolen. Also, they like VR and are doing something that may, or may not, be related to it.

RE: Nintendo NX - Metalrodent - 06-29-2016

Poor Nintendo, they can come up with better excuses than that surely.

RE: Nintendo NX - PTC Crisco - 06-30-2016

They could have something really big planned for the NX, but it does seem unlikely that they've got some huge innovative thing that everyone would want.

I know innovation is sort of their thing but I don't think that Sony or Microsoft would be looking to take their ideas. They'll probably do fine with whatever they've got.

RE: Nintendo NX - TippiestRook - 06-30-2016

(06-29-2016, 08:42 PM)PTC Crisco Wrote: The NX wasn't shown at E3 because Nintendo were scared that their ideas would be stolen. Also, they like VR and are doing something that may, or may not, be related to it.
Ha. Nintendo having ideas.

Everything would have been stolen surely. They unveil the NX and suddenly Microsoft is announcing that Scorpio will be only motion controlled and Sony will have announced Unkarted: The Fast of Us.

RE: Nintendo NX - PTC Crisco - 06-30-2016

(06-30-2016, 12:26 AM)TippiestRook Wrote:
(06-29-2016, 08:42 PM)PTC Crisco Wrote: The NX wasn't shown at E3 because Nintendo were scared that their ideas would be stolen. Also, they like VR and are doing something that may, or may not, be related to it.
Ha. Nintendo having ideas.

Everything would have been stolen surely. They unveil the NX and suddenly Microsoft is announcing that Scorpio will be only motion controlled and Sony will have announced Unkarted: The Fast of Us.

You may joke but I would buy a PS4 just for Unkarted: The Fast of Us.

RE: Nintendo NX - BAMozzy - 06-30-2016

I wouldn't be surprised if the NX is a Vita style console that can connect to a TV via a HDMi TV dongle, maybe a small 'box' or something like that. Rumour has indicated that it is using 'cartridge' and maybe has mobile functionality. The Vita style would double up as a handheld and have a screen (like the WiiU) but when paired with the box/dongle, works as a controller with maybe normal WiiU controllers for local MP/Co-op. If it has a 'box' that accepts these mini cartridges - since Storage is not the issue it was back in the N64 era - we see USB cards with big storage nowadays - the box could scale the visuals up for TV's (not so vital for a small handheld). That way you could take your games on the go and carry on playing anywhere... Just my thoughts...

RE: Nintendo NX - Plasma wing - 10-20-2016

Nintendo have finally gave us the first look of the Nintendo Switch.

Looks pretty interesting, definitely something different to Microsoft and Sony's consoles. With the Mario Kart and Splatoon footage, I'm still holding out for some form of backwards compatibility with Wii U titles, although I'm just expecting re-releases.

RE: Nintendo NX - Metalrodent - 10-20-2016

It looks pretty interesting and it is a nice trailer.

Very small though, will it be able to produce enough power and not overheat? Also there's apparently only 32gb storage, which is tiny.

RE: Nintendo NX - Heavyarms_Kai - 10-20-2016

If nothing else it could become the definitive gaming tablet.