LEGO!
I love them, I think they're fabulous games. I do agree with the opinion that they're very samey, but then that could apply to a lot of franchises. As games that are great to just pick up and play without having to put too much thought into it, I don't think they should change a formula that actually works quite well.

Also, they're really easy 1ks, which is great Tongue
Xbox - captainhetty Friend Code 4141-6343-5085
PSN - captain_hetty Twitter - @PootPlaysGames
Instagram - emily_pootle

I can't stand them, they're really really tedious and after forcing myself to try and progress through LEGO Batman 1, I can't see why I would want to play another.

I did however enjoy LEGO Star Wars, but that was LEGO Star Wars.
OLD SPICE BODY SPRAY MAKES YOU SMELL LIKE POOWWWEEERRRRRRR
The Lego games will always have a special place in my heart, as they were the first games to really get my son interested in gaming. We started with Lego Star Wars 3, and have since gone through Star Wars: TCS, both Indiana Jones games, both Harry Potter games, Pirates of the Caribbean, the first two Batman games, Marvel and Lord of the Rings, and hit 100% on most of them (SW:TCS' blue minikits, Batman 1's stupid citizens in peril glitch and Marvel f****** awful flight controls aside...).

But now my son would rather play Minecraft/Halo/CoD, and the series has indeed stagnated somewhat imo. Didn't buy Lego: The Movie, The Hobbit or Batman 3, though Jurassic World does intrigue both my son and I, so we might pick it up because DINOSAURS.

Definitely won't be running after Lego Dimensions tho, and I suspect JW will in fact be our last Lego adventure, which is a little sad Cry

On a slightly different note, how did people here find the switch from 'mute' Lego characters to spoken ones? It caused uproar IIRC when things changed, but I must confess I enjoy both game styles equally.

[Image: oj4dqa.jpg]

[Image: Chameleon1977.png]
Holy duplicate thread Lego Batman! There is a reason I keep the database religiously up to date.
Looking for a thread about a game? click here

[Image: MakkaMan27.png]
(05-20-2015, 04:18 PM)Max Wrote: Holy duplicate thread Lego Batman! There is a reason I keep the database religiously up to date.

Fixed Smile
Xbox - captainhetty Friend Code 4141-6343-5085
PSN - captain_hetty Twitter - @PootPlaysGames
Instagram - emily_pootle

Apologies oh merciless leader *bows*

I do agree that innovation for innovation's sake is pointless but I would like to have the best of both world where you get the gameplay which is so fun and easy to pickup, which I also thoroughly enjoy, and some new ideas or puzzle elements to tax and challenge me a bit.

I'm terrible at being a completionist so I've never got all the gold bricks in any of them.
Decent Jam

Editor
Pass the Controller
GT: Decent Jam
I tend to quite like the lego games, played the main Star Wars ones, the Indy ones, the first couple of Batmans, Marvel, first Potter. Probably won't bother with Jurassic park or dimensions.

I think a MOBA could work, especially if they follow on with the Dimensions theme and mix up all the different franchises into one game. They would have to refine their mechanics though. Didn't Clone Wars have a multiplayer mode a bit like a moba?

I know the one you mean, I handy remembered that when I brought it up but thinking about it there are similarities. Clearly it wasn't that popular since I havent seen or heard of it since then.
Decent Jam

Editor
Pass the Controller
GT: Decent Jam
LEGO Minecraft?

EDIT: Looking at the trailer it looks a bit more Project Spark crossed with Minecraft creative mode crossed with every LEGO piece ever in terms of creation. As in you can place pre-built structures, pull the ground up, and stuff like that, as well as placing each brick individually. Possibly building a bit on the prior creative stuff from ages ago and more recently in LEGO Indy 2.

LEGO Worlds coming to consoles and Steam this February.