Star Wars Battlefront
New map introduced today. I'm still enjoying this game, it keeps pulling me back in. If the Season Pass wasn't so pricey I'd probably have purchased it by now, the Outer Rim DLC coming next month looks interesting.
EA have plans for All The Star Wars, All The Time. Starting with Battlefront 2.
[Image: ScorpionandSub-Zero_zps24a12b2b.png]
Some news on the Death Star DLC. Just waiting on the Season Pass sale...
(08-18-2016, 09:48 PM)PTC l1am Wrote: Some news on the Death Star DLC. Just waiting on the Season Pass sale...

...and there is one taking place right now. 30% off for the next 4 or 5 days, so it's available for £27.99. Really enjoying the extraction mode and Jabba's palace maps. Also, trying to unlock the Reby V-10 blaster has got me using some other blasters I had previously ignored, and it turns out they are quite fun too.
Death Star DLC out now for Season Pass holders.
It's probably a question that been asked a thousand times, but if you purchased this game at release, how much has it improved (or not) with the release of the DLC? Is the now the game that everyone hoped it would be at release? Is it now worth the substantial cost?
It's worth it, but only if you can find it at a discount. The full asking price is still too much.

I got the pass for £28 which seems fair for what they are offering. The Death Star DLC is a lot of fun, and the extra weapons and Star Cards that come as part of the season pass add some much needed extra content to the base game, and because most are acquired through Hutt Contracts and not by leveling up there's no lengthy grind to unlock them.

Away from the DLC DICE have done a good job of tweaking and balancing the game to make it a really solid MP experience. If you haven't played it for a while I'd recommend giving it another try.
It's always just felt like a missed opportunity to me. I played the demo and was underwhelmed and then recently have been making use of the 10 hour free trial, minus the DLC, but struggling to find much to get excited about. The graphics and sound quality are great but not sure there's much under the surface.

I'm probably in the minority, but I wish they'd just looked at combining Battlefront into the Battlefield model. Large environments with some destructible environments, different classes and the ability to hop in and out of vehicles rather than just coming across floating pic ups scattered around the map.

They've certainly seemed to provide a lot of support and extra content, which is what made me wonder what the full experience was like now
Scarif expansion is out 6th December, plus all the other DLC's are free to try this weekend with quadruple EXP as well. Quadruple!
Can't wait to try this next week.