Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Star Wars Battlefront
I reckon I've put ~3 hours into the multiplayer so far and I've got 13,000 credits, but, that's without buying crates, so I've got no Star Cards. I can understand why people are pissed; if you really want the higher end heroes you basically have to save and do without perks for a while.
How are you finding it? I never touched the multiplayer as I quickly figured out that I'm not really interested in a multiplayer shooter, I just like being a Jedi.
From a purely gameplay perspective it's quite fun, a bit slower than the 2015 game, but still good.
DICE have decided to reduce the cost of heroes in Battlefront II by 75% following all the controversy.
I think it also came out that that review copies had lower costs need to unlock heroes.

Blizzard have released a wonderful pisstake trailer for Starcraft mocking EA.
They have also reduced the reward for completing the campaign by the same amount. They say the reason for this is because the rewards from the campaign are designed to purchase the protagonist of the campaign. If this is true....why not just make the reward for completing the campaign that character, rather than give out credits. If I were a cynic, and I am, I'd say it was to encourage gamers to buy into the lootbox economy.
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
(11-15-2017, 07:12 AM)Metalrodent Wrote: Blizzard have released a wonderful pisstake trailer for Starcraft mocking EA.

Lol, that's rich considering Blizzard arguably popularised loot boxes with Overwatch in the first place...

After the beta & access trial I'm conflicted...

On the one hand I definately enjoyed it - took a while to get used to the slower pace of MP but can see myself having fun with it. From the first few missions in the campaign it seems rather good (although from what I've read it's too short, doesn't give time for the plot to develop which is a shame).

On the other, EA have really taken the piss here - even after the beta controversy they haven't really fixed it, all they did was take out the top tier cards from loot boxes. Even with the class rank requirement addition, it's still slimy as f**k given your class rank is determined by the number of cards you have, so the "agressive encouragement" to pony up is still there. No intention of buying loot boxes so they'll get sweet F-A from me, but I'm sure one of their 'whales' or 'dolphins' will more that make up for that elsewhere.

Hero characters locked behind excessive costs to give "players a sense of achievement"? Some top notch bollocks right there - very 'rewarding' alternative to buy a load loot boxes get the extra credits, very 'rewarding' for EA that is...

Excuse the saltiness! Overall, it's a good game that has improved on the original, but completely tarnished by gluttonous corporate greed.
GT: HugeHypnoToad
I didn't really like the slower pace during the beta, though I did adjust relatively quickly and get my mojo back (played loads of the original), topping the leaderboard for one of the five or so matches I played.

I'm tempted to get it regardless of that fact and all the shady business, if only to play it on the X as it should look pretty stunning. My birthday's the day after launch and I suspect I might get it, so will wait and see.
I'm also torn. I loved the original and after getting used to the change of pace I could see myself enjoying this just as much, but the loot system is killing it for me.

I'm not a big hero player, so their price doesn't bother me too much, but having to rely on randomised drops for Star Cards is bloody annoying.
(11-15-2017, 11:27 AM)Slam Shot Sam Wrote: I didn't really like the slower pace during the beta, though I did adjust relatively quickly and get my mojo back (played loads of the original), topping the leaderboard for one of the five or so matches I played.

It takes some getting used to, and the original felt smoother in comparison (I prefer those controls) but it makes up for it in other areas.

I'm as guilty as the next person for still buying the game (sort of regret the pre-order now) but, as I said...conflicted!

Nothing says 'Star Wars' more than a random card collection, after all - don't you 'member in the film when Luke Skywalker was sulking around in the Emperor's chamber, whipped out a loot box with a sweet legendary ability before besting Darth Vader?
GT: HugeHypnoToad