Tabletop RPGs and LARP
Monopoly only uses 2d6 so it doesn't qualify. Wink
Looking for a thread about a game? click here

[Image: MakkaMan27.png]
(02-23-2015, 05:29 PM)Max Wrote: Monopoly only uses 2d6 so it doesn't qualify. Wink

[Image: nerd_1.jpg]
[Image: 21444.png]
I'm more of a dork myself.
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
So my mutants and masterminds series is coming along pretty well, and I have just about managed to find the plot! So that's good. Essentially, collecting the seven Dragonba Draconic Orbs, will allow the villain to summon The Dragon of Grab Sky and take over England! So naturally our heroes must find the Orbs before they do, whilst also being hunted by the Swedish Plate Mafia, as they infringed on their territory.

The thing is, where would you hide a Draconian Orb? Ideas appreciated.

Seems like the next game me and my group are playing will be Dark Heresy 2nd edition. It's an RPG set in the Warhammer 40k universe.

Is that related to the Horus Heresy then?
Decent Jam

Editor
Pass the Controller
GT: Decent Jam
Not directly I don't think. But then I don't really know a lot about Warhammer lore so it could be.

So yeah I'm bringing this thread back, mainly because being at uni I have not had access to my games so much, and in order to replace that entertainment I have instead been doing loads of RPG with the relevant society, and this is basically what I have to talk about at the moment.

So from what I have gathered, most other university's equivalent societies are mainly running D&D fifth or Pathfinder, both of which are in the same sort of Tolkein-esque fantasy setting. However at mine, the most popular systems seem to be New World of Darkness (and its various splats), and Call of Cthulhu. Both of the long term campaigns I have been in have been run in NWoD, and mostly centred around the Mage the Awakening splat.

The first was called Before the War, set in an alternate history where world war 2 didn't happen and instead there is some sort of Cold War scenario from that point into the 80's. We played private detectives operating in Paris, and the game started off by killing our boss in a fire. This we investigated and it led us to discover strange groups and strange people and strange things happening. As it turned out, we were in fact Mages ourselves, just not yet awakened. We were then awakened, allowing us to better deal with the Wild Hunt, who we had found to be the Big Bads.

The second was The Great Journey, which was set in the present day, as is. We were a group of 18/19 year old native Americans from Alaska, who were to go travelling into the wider world to discover new things, in a coming of age sort of tale. However, weird stuff started happening, as we soon encountered Mages and Hunters, and later on Vampires, Mermaids, and Succubi. Several of the party ended up becoming Mages, Hunters and Vampires over the course of this campaign.

Hehehe, I study at a Uni in Carmarthen but occasionally I have to go to the campus at Lampeter, and one day whilst up there I had moved to the edge of a very large field to partake in some smoking (it was 4:20pm after all) and whilst passing it around with some mates I looked across the field and saw a green elf carrying a halberd or summin, followed by a Viking looking dude with a broadsword!

Had to confirm with my friends that they could see it as well, which thankfully they could, and it turns out it was a LARPing group! Quite popular in Lampeter as well, something to do with being in the arse end of nowhere so there is nothing else to do, no internet or mobile signal, and the site the Uni is based on has medieval connections!
The statement below is true
The statement above is false