Nintendo in 2016
Hey guys,

I've just put together a round-up for last night's Nintendo Direct (you can find it here: http://www.passthecontroller.co.uk/news/...t-round-up). What are you guys hoping for this year? Will NX be released and what will it be? What games are you looking forward to from Nintendo this year? Will it be as lean as last year?

Let us know your thoughts
To be honest, the only Wii U game that really interests me out of what was shown, is the SMT/FE crossover. Currently, I'm still undecided whether a Wii U is worth a purchase or not.

On the 3DS side, Fire Emblem Fates finally getting a UK release date is very welcome news.
I'll never pick a Wii U up at this point, it's just too far gone and not a worthy investment for me. That said, I'm hungry for a Nintendo console fix. If the NX launches with a good, nay, great, suite of games - I'm talking Zelda, Pikmin 4 and a new Metroid at least - I'll pick one up at launch. It's unlikely, but I desperately want Nintendo to prove me wrong.
Generally speaking while Nintendo stuff has always been thin on the ground when they do release games they tend to be something special. That said I'm getting a little tired of the heavy handed censorship (my biggest fear with Tokyo Mirage Sessions #fe is that Nintendo will be localising it) and Nintendo seemingly unwilling or unable to market their more mature titles.
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
The Wii U was the first Nintendo console I missed out on, but like Sam I think it's a bit late for me to be picking one up now seeing as the NX is probably releasing this year. If there is a significant price drop after the NX releases then I reckon I'll get a Wii U at some point as it's got a decent library of games.
I do agree with Sam - the NX will have to be either a really interesting concept and/or a powerhouse with loads of great exclusives and third party games at launch. If it is the rumoured handheld that you can play through your TV then we could be in for a treat - they can't really afford to have another Wii U!

Fire Emblem getting a release date is long overdue, I'm just hoping that special edition will actually be attainable over here - same goes for the first print of Star Fox Zero, which I still have high hopes for (I adored Lylat Wars as a kid), and the Guard game looks interesting too.

Heavyarms and Plasma Wing - do you think Tokyo Mirage is actually going to be a good game? Cos it looks all style and no substance to me at this point.

I think if Nintendo release a Wii U bundle (with whatever game they chose) and market it for £149.99 they could still sell some consoles, having said that I did read an article yesterday stating that they've "run out" of Wii Us in Japan so who knows if they'll bother. America have just received a new Nintendo Selects range, which includes some of the big Wii U titles like Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World for $19.99 - I really hope they bring that offer to our shores, as I'd love to play both games, especially at that price!
I fully admit to bias it looks like it plays like a persona game which I love. The main complaints I've heard so far are that it's not a traditional crossover (indeed smt has no representation among the mirages) that fire emblem reps seem to disproportionately from awakening (the most successful fe to date) and that it doesn't delve into the darker side of the idol industry (given who provides the music it's understandable)
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
If the rumours about Wii U producion coming to a halt this year had been true I reckon we might have seen an increase in sales. It got me considering whether I should buy one before they become harder to find brand new.
NES Classic trailer goes over some of the console's features. You can even apply a CRT filter for a truly retro experience.
Super Mario Run has a release date, coming 15th December to iPhone (and iPad) near you.