Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

The Final Fantasy Thread
I'm yet to start it, and didn't read past your first sentence as a result, but if it's pissing you off as a series fan, I see it standing very little chance with me.
I went with my gut to wait it out in the end, from your verdict sounds like I made the right decision...

I was never the biggest fan of the active battle time (or whatever weird Engrish name Square had given it) & prefer traditional turn based, but the combat looked entertaining & story/setting interesting enough to sway me in favour of giving it ago - I keep mentioning FF6, but I did really enjoy the story & characters to keep me playing through the dull sections - yet the impression I get from even the high scoring outlets is this outing feels weirdly disjointed & that the plot doesn't reach it's full potential.

Shame, maybe the £££ would be better spent on the FF7 remake?
GT: HugeHypnoToad
Honestly really loving this game, combat feels smooth the party are really likeable, Chocobos can swim (even I was surprised at how excited I got) and while the pace does pick up near the end it felt a quite natural progression as the story got more serious. Best villain we've had for a long time too.
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
Probably sounds like I hate it but I don't, it does have some great aspects. Great characters and I agree with Kai, best villain in a long long time for a final fantasy game. The soundtrack is fantastic and the dungeons are where the game shines. If anything feels like old school final fantasy it's definitely the dungeons and their design. Classic enemies and monsters reappear and combat can be hectic.

My major gripe is with the story and blatant cut and unfinished content, maybe I'll invest in the season pass once all content has been released for it and it's reduced, maybe it'll help the game feel more whole.

Also, I had no idea Chocobos could swim, this might help ease the invisible wall annoyances
Xbox live: Johnbhoy69
Booster Pack + and update 1.05 out this week.
Meh... I'll keep waiting for the patch that actually finishes the game. Anyone fill out the questionnaire that square Enix released about FFXV? They actually ask for you opinions on season passes and DLC...I let rip on them about the state of FFXV and the clearly cut out portions they're selling to us as DLC and also Deus Ex Mankind Divided and the idiotic idea to split the game into multiple games only for them to then put the series on indefinite hold.

I know there's is a slim chance but I hope they listen
I got around to starting this about a week ago. About 25 or so hours in, halfway through Chapter 3 (taking my time lol). I've surprised myself by actually enjoying the two things I dreaded the most - driving (well, Ignis driving for me) and the whole bromance-camaraderie thing. Seriously, cruising around in the car playing the soundtracks from the older titles is really enjoyable for some reason.

I fell in love with Ignis and Gladio pretty much straight away (seriously, I think I have a crush on Ignis and now my gay lil' brain is confused Big Grin ). Noct and Prompto are taking a little bit longer, but they're likeable enough. Prompto kinda reminds me of a male Selphie with Zell's hair, lol. His Chocobo obsession is weirdly endearing.

I don't have a huge feel for the story yet. The ending of Chapter 1 was sufficiently engaging, and to my relief Noct's VA is not from the Tidus school of voice acting, so I was invested in his emotions. The new semi-open world thing is also not completely overwhelming, and even though there's a lot of fetch quests, it's not Hinterlands-level groaning just yet.

Coming on from XIII, I think it looks like a big improvement. However, I tend to be very forgiving of my favourite franchises. I scraped the bottom of the barrel to find a couple of good things about XIII. Which mostly boiled down to "...er, Lightning and Fang are really hot?", I admit. Big Grin But seriously, I do think it's shaping up to be a good game. Certainly going in the right direction for a return to form, hopefully.
[Image: 21444.png]
Hmmmm...I think forgiving a game most of its glaring faults because two terrible characters are 'really hot' is too forgiving, especially where FFXIII is concerned.

Played the added content for Chapter 13 and while its a nice free addition it only adds like two scenes and still barely explains anything, though it does make clear who that demon is that pursues Noct.

Its playable from the main menu so dont do what i did and play through the entire game again up to that point thinking the new scenes would be part of the main game. Though the buffs to Nocts ring are very welcome, completely eliminates the need to hide from enemies in that chapter.
I thought the cup noodle promotion was weird but now the soundtracks for XV and Kingsglaive are on PSN for 79p the catch (and you knew there was one) is that they are available for a limited time, as in you don't get to keep them. Seems like a complete waste if you ask me.
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
That does seem pointless...