Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kinect
If the internet hadn't have had a meltdown of people bitching and whining like 4yr olds then there might be some decent kinect stuff Wink
I find mine is nearly always effective, now and again it has a moment. I feel like they should implement software to allow it to learn your voice print the more you talk to make it more reliable because I'm not convinced it does that right now. I find it really useful for navigation in particular.
Decent Jam

Editor
Pass the Controller
GT: Decent Jam
Apparently 'Ori' sounds a lot like 'Oral'. At least it's not another Strider.
Pray they never get round to Ori 6 then.
Formerly a human being, now closer to the six million dollar man.
(03-10-2015, 02:59 PM)Metalrodent Wrote: If the internet hadn't have had a meltdown of people bitching and whining like 4yr olds then there might be some decent kinect stuff Wink

Maybe, but not likely. Wink
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
Whilst playing FH2 last night I realised the voice-activated sat nav "Anna" can understand me perfectly well, even with the roar of a Lambo engine. Whilst in the same session, I tried to get Xbox to "record that"...not a bloody peep from it! I'm now wondering if it's not kinect but the software behind it that has a problem as it doesn't respond unless I a) shout, or b) turn the surround sound off.
You don't stop gaming because you get old. You get old because you stop gaming.

GT=Captain Chao5
[Image: Captain+Chao5.png]
(03-19-2015, 01:16 PM)Captain Chao5 Wrote: Whilst playing FH2 last night I realised the voice-activated sat nav "Anna" can understand me perfectly well, even with the roar of a Lambo engine. Whilst in the same session, I tried to get Xbox to "record that"...not a bloody peep from it! I'm now wondering if it's not kinect but the software behind it that has a problem as it doesn't respond unless I a) shout, or b) turn the surround sound off.

Sound like you need to calibrate the microphone to me. Have you done this?? Give it a twirl.

Hope this helps!
(03-19-2015, 01:16 PM)Captain Chao5 Wrote: Whilst playing FH2 last night I realised the voice-activated sat nav "Anna" can understand me perfectly well, even with the roar of a Lambo engine. Whilst in the same session, I tried to get Xbox to "record that"...not a bloody peep from it!  I'm now wondering if it's not kinect but the software behind it that has a problem as it doesn't respond unless I a) shout, or b) turn the surround sound off.

I noticed a similar thing when playing Dead Rising 3, the smallest whisper would attract zombies but if I tried to record something it would open YouTube or turn the volume down.

That was before I started saying "Cheers mate" when it done what I asked. I think it's either taken some time to understand my accent or it appreciates manners.
[Image: MQE3xPD.png]
My girlfriends family live in Poland so using skype on xbox one is a great feature for us. Alot of people make great upload videos using kinect as well. Voice recognition works great for me but it never understands my gf's polish accent. Its a real shame there are no good games out for it
Kinect is no longer being manufactured by Microsoft.

Just because of this I'm tempted to buy one, even though I've never really had the desire to own a Kinect before.