Nintendo Switch
I’ve owned a Switch since launch day and my entire online play consists of around an hour with the Splatoon 2 beta, so naturally I don’t feel I need it. Also not interested in NES games, and cloud saves go from whatever to offensive when you consider plenty of big upcoming and existing games don’t support them - plus your backups expire if your subscription lapses.
SEGA Mega Drive Classics is coming to Switch this winter.
Nintendo's speciality is finding ways to leave you increasingly baffled, but the cloud save debacle is ridiculous for the most BS of reasons (anti-cheat). It's clear (at the moment, at least) that Online is simply a toll-booth to online multiplayer than any real subscription service.

I'm a little suspicious with the recent crackdown on emulation & lack of VC that maybe there are bigger plans for games library but...Nintendo are Nintendo after all!

NES offering is weak, can count the number of titles I MAY want to briefly play on one hand with fingers to spare, few more on the SNES (Yoshi's Island was the first video game I owned) but GBA/N64/Gamecube is a different matter. I would pay any amount of £££ for Paper Mario: TTYD!
GT: HugeHypnoToad
SMB3 has aged remarkably well but I wouldn't pay 20 quid a year to play it.
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
(09-19-2018, 05:58 PM)Heavyarms_Kai Wrote: SMB3 has aged remarkably well but I wouldn't pay 20 quid a year to play it.

The best of the lot I'd say, although I only had the prettier SNES Mario All-Stars version
GT: HugeHypnoToad
Risk, Trivial Pursuit Live! are coming to Switch next month, alongside the Hasbro Game Night bundle.
(09-19-2018, 09:45 AM)SkinnerChinner Wrote: Nintendo's speciality is finding ways to leave you increasingly baffled, but the cloud save debacle is ridiculous for the most BS of reasons (anti-cheat). It's clear (at the moment, at least) that Online is simply a toll-booth to online multiplayer than any real subscription service.

I'm a little suspicious with the recent crackdown on emulation & lack of VC that maybe there are bigger plans for games library but...Nintendo are Nintendo after all!

NES offering is weak, can count the number of titles I MAY want to briefly play on one hand with fingers to spare, few more on the SNES (Yoshi's Island was the first video game I owned) but GBA/N64/Gamecube is a different matter. I would pay any amount of £££ for Paper Mario: TTYD!

If I end up getting Smash Ultimate I expect I'll pretty much have to sign up to Nintendo Online. I'm still hopeful GC titles will make it onto Switch at some point, in some form.
Aragami: Shadow Edition coming to Switch next February.
Darksiders Warmastered Edition officially confirmed for Switch.
Lots of things from the latest Nintendo Direct.
[Image: MQE3xPD.png]