Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dark Souls
Well done! You sticking with it this time?

On another note, there are rumours that From Software are bringing either Dark Souls III or a trilogy collection to the Switch. The former I wouldn't bother with, the latter I'd be all over.
Anybody else seeen the advert for Dark Souls Remastered? May finally be my chance to play (complete?!) the original game!
Aye, there’s some talk about it in the Switch thread as it was revealed during the Nintendo Direct today. I’ve completed the original several times and it’s probably my favourite game of all time, so needless to say I’ll be getting the remaster.

While playing it portable on Switch is tempting and all, it’ll be 720p/30 FPS and there’s nothing remastered about that. It’s said to be 4K/60 FPS on Xbox One X which means I’ll be playing there.

Edit: Pre-orders are up and it costs a tenner more on Switch as well. No thanks.
60FPS Treacletown is certainly tempting. Having finished it only two years ago (100% completed Wink ), I'm not sure it'll grab it yet though. Same reason why I didn't DS2 Remastered.
[Image: 28279558_10156243656979623_5312414291677...e=5B0054BC]
Just the two boss battles today. Ornstein & Smough are dicks! And felt bad killing Sif. Hopefully gave a chance to finish it this weekend.
Didn't manage to complete it but beaten most of the bosses beyond the painted world and Gwyn. I don't think there are many changes from the 360 version beyond framerate - I have seen no tearing or slowdown in Blighttown or elsewhere. Still think they could have done more, e.g fixing the camera so foliage/masonry doesn't randomly block your view. And the rolling could be better. But glad finally played it - will attempt the achievements for weapons on second run.
Finally beaten Dark Souls! About seven years after most people... Am I a true gamer now? Actually started a second run for the "bad" ending, plus I completely messed up the character arcs for Solaire and the onion knight.
See the US has a trilogy version coming out in October. Probably wont bother myself as bought DS1 remastered but I also know how weak I am. Plus I do like the old steelcases...