Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Call of Duty
New standalone free-to-play Battle Royale mode Warzone is launching tomorrow on PC and consoles.
I played a bit of the Black Ops Cold War beta this weekend and thought it was decent enough. Clearly not as polished as Modern Warfare, although I realise this is a beta and MW has had a year of updates and improvements, but I don't think it's the total mess the internet is making it out to be.

I found the gun play quite fun, much more arcadey than MW (which isn't exactly a simulator). I'll probably wait for the inevitable patches and balances to be made and pick it up some time after release.

Going from a hugely popular Modern Warfare game from Infinity Ward to a slightly worse Black Ops game from Treyarch reminds me of 2010 all over again.
It's hilarious shitty that they're selling a 'cross gen' bundle that states buying it allows you to play the game on One X 'at no extra cost' - except it costs more than the normal game!
I saw that. Won't the base game run on next-gen consoles via BC anyway?
I believe the PS4/Xbox One game should run on next-gen, but it'll be the same version. The PS5/Xbox Series X upgrades have to be paid for.
Well I won't be getting the fancy upgraded edition if I do end up getting both it and a next-gen console any time soon. Backwards compatibility will do just fine.