Splatoon
So Splatoon is only a couple of months away. An online 3rd person shooter with no voice chat. Sometimes I wonder why they put a microphone in the gamepad in the first place.
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
Because whereas other companies put age controls, privacy settings and other useful features in Nintendo are lazy and dumb and presume everyone's a paedo so no one should be allowed to talk to each other.
Apparently it's due to "negativity" online, so basically trolls. I already have a list in which such a concern could have been dealt with better.

Voice chat for friends/Private matches.
Voice chat settings connected to the console's parental controls.
A mute feature.
A block feature.
Actual administration by Nintendo to impose consequences on serial griefers/trolls.

This stance is due to director Yusuke Amano's personal experience of being told "Your crap go away" (Wish my trolls were that polite Smile ) Local multiplayer has been nerfed to a 1v1 affair but there is a single player Hero mode as well. I was really considering getting this day one but I'll probably end up getting it when the price drops.

Well it was looking like a cracking new IP so of course we had to expect Ninty to go and do something daft didn't we? Smile

I've liked the look of this from the off, a shooter that focuses on the part a lot don't nowadays - fun! The concept sounds varied enough to have me intrigued too - curious how they'll ensure there's sufficient variety to keep playing, but i'm not unduly worried about that given Nintys history in that department, they tend to pull shit out of their bottom i wouldn't even have considered. Obviously won't cover for the fact they went full moron with the online stuff - review scores are already going to be hurt by that.
A global test fire aka Beta this weekend.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/agmj/event/en-uk/

So, managed to get on the last session. It was fun, but the roller is OP. This is likely to be to online shooters what Smash Bros is to fighting games.

Global test fire numero dos tonight at 11pm BST.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32915183

I....I just don't know what to say.

Heard about that a couple of days ago. Annoying for anyone that isn't getting their pre-order.
So, played some of it. The plot in the single player is about as paper thin as you might expect. The maps are also on rotation with two available every 4 hours, this often leads to playing the same map over and over again. Which is funny because Mario kart 8 puts the map up to a vote. The short match time does make it easy to get into the action though.