Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Fallout
I'm in 2 minds as to the overall value of the Automatron DLC - its one quest, split into about 5 missions or so! The robot building is fun, but if, like me, you only really returned to FallOut for this DLC then you only really use Robot companions for this quest. I don't doubt that they will be used in the future DLC as well, but just in itself it feels rather...well... short!

I also cant help think that things like this were offered in The Witcher 3 as Free-L-C so for Bethesda to include this within a Season pass is a bit of a cop out!
The statement below is true
The statement above is false
Wasteland Workshop is out next week and, if you don't own the season pass, you can get it for only four quid.

This is the one I'm most excited about. I just need to start playing it a bit more.
[Image: MQE3xPD.png]
Yeah, this falls into same category as earlier DLC!

Some decorative stuff (pointless if you no longer play the game having finished everything) and the ability to capture and fight enemies, or put settlers in to fight them!

Might be fun for the first two or three times, seeing how a settler fights a DeathClaw, but then its done for me!

Does making settlers fight in your 'ring' have other effects? Will other settlers be more cautious around you? Will raiders be less hostile? Can we gamble caps or other stuff on the outcome of these fights? Would any of these add any longer than an hour to overall playtime? Probably not!

Didn't the price of a Season Pass go up recently as well? Was that because more stuff is coming, or because Bethesda think what they are offering is worth more than first thought?
I think the season pass went up in price for both reasons.

I agree that it doesn't seem as good if you've already completed the main quest line but it could be more tempting as more stuff gets released. Mod support should be here soon too!
[Image: MQE3xPD.png]
Bit of both in terms of pricing - though they did, in fairness, announce it was going up two weeks beforehand so people had plenty of time to buy it at the lower price. Automatron wasn't the longest DLC ever, granted, but Bethesda have good form with DLC generally so I have high hopes for the other upcoming offerings.

In other news - Fallout 4 just won the BAFTA for Best Game. Well deserved, in my opinion!

And you can still buy the season pass for around £30 on CDKeys.
Xbox - captainhetty Friend Code 4141-6343-5085
PSN - captain_hetty Twitter - @PootPlaysGames
Instagram - emily_pootle

Yeah, its defo a fantastic game - just dlc is a bit meh! Its a game that's greater than the sum of its parts!

Automatron is a good quest in itself - just when it comes months after games release, so you already have the ballistic weave clothing, power armour on top, heavily modded weapons and a large cache of explosive weaponry it doesn't last long.

If these first two dlc had arrived sooner, maybe they would get more 'playtime' out of them as people are still chipping away at their main playthrough!

FallOut 3 I was late to the party, so late I could buy the bells and whistles edition for less than a tenner and the dlc there I really enjoyed - is that Bethesdas' usual dlc stylings or was FallOut 3 a rare high point in dlc?
Going on previous DLC for games like Skyrim and Oblivion, I'd say they have a good track record of providing decent content (yes, I know the horse armour is a thing, before anyone starts...). I'd include New Vegas in that - its DLC was absolutely brilliant - but that was only published by Bethesda so I don't know how much input they had in those.

They've also already stated that the landmass for Far Harbour is bigger than any DLC map they've ever created - if you've played some of the maps like Point Lookout for 3, you'll know that's a pretty big deal.
Xbox - captainhetty Friend Code 4141-6343-5085
PSN - captain_hetty Twitter - @PootPlaysGames
Instagram - emily_pootle

I bought the season pass soon after launch and Ive barely played the game at all, thats how good Bethesda are at dlc, do not fear.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!

https://mitchdavisblog.wordpress.com/
Well, talk about making me eat my words!

The fact I didn't have enough copper or concrete to build the massive arena I wanted to (plus a few wasted resources through trial and error on first few attempts) meant I had to go on a few scavenging runs, which I begrudgingly started just so I could see this DLC and what it offers. Somewhere between the first and second runs I found my love for the game again, and was actually excited to get my arena built and see what scraps I could book.

After only touching the game for about 2 hours in the last few months (for the last DLC), I've now put in about another 20 hours, taming beasts and all sorts! Its...just...so...much..fun!!

Are named characters invincible or something? I ask as Preston is my current Fight Club champion, having beaten loads of other settlers, a group of four raiders released at once, 2 super mutants and he beat a Deathclaw last night - I'm currently constructing a robot with the express intent being to dethrone him, but if he is invincible I would rather use resources elsewhere.
Certain NPC's such as companions and quest givers are set to essential. It happens a lot in Elder Scrolls/Fallout so that the players don't screw their quest progress by accident.

Also children are set to essential for obvious reasons.