Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Life is Strange
Anybody else play this series? (I know Hetty does and is so-so on it)

I really enjoy it, though it's quite nostalgic and personal for me. Just finished episode 3 and it's taken an insanely huge turn - episodes 4 & 5 have the potential to be totally out there and I can't wait to wrap everything up.
I play it. The Protagonist is dull as ditch water and most of the characters seem like typical high school archetypes. Telltale certainly have no reason to fear these guys, can't see this being as memorable as the Walking Dead.
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
I've played the first 2 episodes, it's ok - neat concept with some interesting stuff. Seems a bit try hard in places though (like, can Max seriously stop making endless 'nerdy' references lol) and some of the event are entirely pointless, like [spoiler] the bit with Chloe trapped on the traintracks, rather than going through that whole race against time all you had to do is jump back and tell the stupid girl to move her foot a bit lol.

Also the lip synching kinda bugs me, what is this 80s anime? xD
The end of Ep 3 was a big turning point for me, because up until that point it felt like nothing was really happening. I'm genuinely interested in where it will go next and that's not something the previous two episodes have inspired in me.

I just think the whole game smacks of high school stereotypes and cliche, there's a line between being realistic and coming across as comedy. It feels too much like satire to me.
Xbox - captainhetty Friend Code 4141-6343-5085
PSN - captain_hetty Twitter - @PootPlaysGames
Instagram - emily_pootle

(05-20-2015, 01:49 PM)PTC Hetty Wrote: I just think the whole game smacks of high school stereotypes and cliche, there's a line between being realistic and coming across as comedy. It feels too much like satire to me.

I suppose it depends on where you went to school, it's actually pretty accurate for me.

I always love high school based stuff, though - for example I'd take a new Bully over anything else from R*. I'm probably a rarity in that I think high school was the time of my life and always love going back there vicariously through media.
I think I have a skewed perception because of the high school I went to - pretentious grammar school, fun was forbidden and girls weren't allowed to wear trousers, because, y'know, Only boys can do that :/ I hated every second of it, literally, I can't think of one moment I enjoyed.... Unless you count leaving ^_^
Instagram - emily_pootle

Are we meaning Secondary school or College here? You and your americanisms Wink
Well I assume because they're supposed to be 18 either college or the last years of what we call secondary. It doesn't really specify, to be honest, whatever it's meant to be none of it is particularly like any educational institute I ever attended, but that may well just be me xD
Instagram - emily_pootle

(05-20-2015, 02:42 PM)PTC Hetty Wrote: girls weren't allowed to wear trousers, because, y'know, Only boys can do that :/

My school was not a pretentious grammar school but girls were restricted to skirts in the spring and summer. My history teacher said "it's because we all like to see a bit of leg" he was awesome. Especially when he would take gum off a student and start chewing it himself.
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
The other way round as I was leaving my secondary school, skirts were banned for girls. Don't think it lasted too long before they gave up and changed it back though.