Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PC Spec Help
The GTX 950 pees all over the R7 240 from a great height, see here: http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=2455&gid2=2409&compare=geforce-gtx-950-2gb-vs-radeon-r7-240-msi-oc-2gb-edition

The Chillblast I linked is only £40 dearer than that for 338% of the GPU performance.
GameFAQs users are 80% trolls and 19% stupid. - hyjinx17
No disk drive only less hardrive space though is the problem, the specs otherwise looked great.
You can upgrade the hard drive to a 2TB for an extra £50 and buy a USB DVD drive for £20 later. It's not like you won't be using Steam for most of your game purchases anyway.
So I could play games as well as download cds/watching dvds from a USB disk drive? (apologies for these simple questions, I know very little about PCs)

And ok the customise page does look a bit confusing, but ok I could give it a 1tb SSHD. I presume I could leave everything else as standard and it would be perfectly fine? (i dont plan on playing loads of max settings games anyway, an xbox gamer primarily i shall be).

[edit]
Ok I did a run through of added stuff and ended up with £765, which is kinda overbudget for me at the moment
Where do you get £765 from? The Chillblast is £539.99 with default specs, upgrading the HDD to 2TB is an extra £50+VAT, which makes it £599.99. A USB DVD drive will cost you £18 from PC World, like this one: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing-...2-pdt.html
A Monitor and keyboard added like an extra £115 (as I don't have one having used a laptop for so many years)
You can use your TV while you save up for a monitor, it's got HDMI.
Only have 1 TV and thats in the living room Tongue

Thanks for your help, I'll have a think.

Though, I'll levell with you - my main reason for considering something basic like the Lenovo is because really it's all I need. The only games I particularly want to play are WoWS (2.2ghz, 2gb ram, geforce 8600 min) and Armoured Warfare (3.1ghz, 4gb ram, geforce 275 min) both of which it should play, at minimum settings at least. Asides really I'd just want it for a few old disk based games, social media, itunes and cd storage and flash games/anime. Plus It comes with a keyboard, mouse, wireless connection and I can add a monitor for £100.
If you want to spend £100 less and get a third of the performance, by all means get the Lenovo. Wink

It may be all you need now, but do you really want to regret not getting more power when the next game you want to play comes out and it runs terribly? I'm not saying you should fork out more money for the sake of it, just that £100 more will get you a machine that will last you a few years rather than having to be replaced in 18 months or so.

Like my dearly departed nan used to say: "You buy cheap, you buy twice".
Yeah, that is true - but you have to remember I'm in a very very low paying job so that £100 difference is actually quite a bit sadly, given that I also want a cheap tablet/laptop and there's multiple games coming out shortly I would like too.

I would for sure like a comp that is great, but to be fair I've only ever used outdated computers so anything is an improvement xD And I guess when i do manage to get more money I could sell and get a better one.

As said not decided yet anyway so I'll see Smile

theoretically could I not buy a moderate PC and upgrade the graphics card at some point? (not that I would have the no how). AW isn't full release yet so I wouldn't have to worry about the specs for that yet.