What DS should I buy?
I'm thinking of getting a DS for my other half for her birthday as she's taken a liking to a number of games over the past year and I think she'd enjoy a few ties which the DS has to offer.

The question is which of the many models should I get her? Bearing in mind I don't think she'll be using it non stop or anything.
Decent Jam

Editor
Pass the Controller
GT: Decent Jam
How big are her hands?
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
I have the 2DS and it's pretty good as it's cheap but obviously is a bit less portable and no 3d. The New 3DS will obviously be a lot more powerful but comes at the extra cost.

And yeah Kai is right lol, hand size makes a difference, I have fairly small hands so I can't quite wrap my fingers fully round the 2ds's bumpers - still perfectly usable though.
I have big hands and get cramp from long sessions on the standard size 3DS, so go for an XL or 2DS (provided she doesn't mind losing 3D & some portability) if you think that'd be an issue for her.

Whether you go for a New 3DS or not depends on what games she'll be playing. Is she interested in New 3DS exclusive stuff like Xenoblade and games that require two analogue sticks, or more simple games based around one analogue stick/touch?
Aw I've just sold my Pikachu XL, if I'd known I'd have saved it for you.

Not a fan of the 2DS, screens are poor in comparison to the XL and it's horrible to hold. Much prefer the XL, but never bothered using the 3D function anyway. Makes my eyes all squinty xD
Xbox - captainhetty Friend Code 4141-6343-5085
PSN - captain_hetty Twitter - @PootPlaysGames
Instagram - emily_pootle

The New 3DS should solve that, the 3D is much improved.
Thanks for the thoughts all.

Don't worry Hetty, meant to ask you guys ages ago but just lots going on (boring grown up problems).

She has fairly large hands for a gal I suppose, she manages her 6 inch LG phone OK so that's what she's used too at the moment.

Games wise I'm not sure exactly, I'm thinking definitely Animal Crossing and possibly Pokémon.

She's been really enjoying Viva Piñata and generally does well with 2D platformers like Rayman Origins/Legends and is a big fan of smashing stuff endlessly on the Lego games.

I also considered one of the Professor Layton games but not sure. Probably will just get one or two to begin with and let her decide.

I think it would be nice to get her a 3DS if I can find one at a reasonable price.
Decent Jam

Editor
Pass the Controller
GT: Decent Jam
Another thing to note is the XLs don't come with a charger, nor does the new 3DS, you'll need to buy one separate if you get one of those.
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
There's a Viva Piñata game on DS that'll work on 3DS.
Oh, yeah! They are backwards compatible. I had quite forgotten.
Looking for a thread about a game? click here

[Image: MakkaMan27.png]