Xenoblade X and the Xmas schedule
Hey guys,

As a Wii U owner (my only current gen console) I'm obviously disappointed with the games available this Christmas, with only Xenoblade X, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer making their way to our platform. 

Will any of you be picking any of these games up? How do you feel about the lack of Star Fox and Zelda this year? And are any of you definitely going to be playing Xenoblade X? I've never really played RPG's (the closest being the strategy of Fire Emblem) and especially not a dense looking JRPG. What would I be getting myself into if I picked up a copy? Did you play the Xenoblade on the Wii?

I'd love to hear your opinions and advice,

cheers,

Rob
Definitely getting Xenoblade X, Xenoblade Chronicles was my second favourite JRPG of last gen (beaten out by only the Last Story) in many ways it felt like a superior version of Final Fantasy xii with a similar style of combat and with Ai partners that were relatively clever. The possibility of getting to grips with mechanical ala Xenosaga is a very exciting prospect.
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
Cant wait for Xenoblade on Friday, finally a game to play on Wii U, havnt switched it on for so many months its ridiculous. Never played any of the previous ones and have never read much about them, but it looks pretty sweet. Any advise/info for me anyone whos ever played them? Looks a bit like Final Fantasy to me, but that may be an insult to JRPG fans I don't know?
There are four data packs being made available weighing in at around 11Gb they supposedly reduce loading times and are completely optional, but if you have the room you might consider downloading them.

What about the game, how does it play? Heard a few people say that battle system isn't great, but then again I have heard that about every final fantasy and I never seem to have any problems? Are all the quests fetch quests or do you have jobs etc? All ive seen is a few videos and pictures, and they look so pretty! I had heard about the data packs, wish the Wii U wasn't Wifi - Makes downloads a chore even on my 150 mb
Well played this most of yesterday, certainly a beautiful game, plays almost identically to the last game minus the fate shifting mechanic. As a bonus Adam Howden (Shulk) and Carina Reeves (Fiora) are the "classic" voices for player characters. Two weapons this time allowing you to switch between close combat and ranged on the fly. Really looking forward to getting my Skell.

I picked it up on Friday too - been on double shifts at work since then though so won't get a chance to have a crack until Tuesday. Having never played a JRPG before I am both terrified and excited!
Well I got my Skell licence. Blackguard is the first of my fleet.
[Image: FB_IMG_1449538027970_zpsdygldmty.jpg]

Cool, I started playing it last night, it's dense, isn't it! I've got so many games to review at the moment, so think it might take me a while to work through it, unfortunately! How long did it take you to get the Skell licence?
Well I had to pass chapter 6 first. Then there are eight missions to obtain the relevant certifications but you might complete some of them by accident on your travels. I hit the 30 hour mark, but I have been doing side quests and affinity quests up to that point as well which slowed me down.

Coolest part is that it's a transformer, reminds me of the game Shogo: Mobile Armour Division.

I did total it in short order though when I ran into a level 60 monster. My insurance covered it (you get the first one for free) but I'm much more weary about taking it out now.