Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Xbox Live Discussion
Wasn't sure to post this, so I thought I'd create a new thread for it.

Anyway, Microsoft is going to support cross-platform/network play on Xbox Live. http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/14/letter-c...dates-gdc/

Rocket League will be the first game to support cross play between Xbox and PC.
It could be interesting, however it depends on whether Sony would want to cooperate with MS. I honestly do not see Nintendo having anything to do with it.
I'm not to sure how this sits for me, I think I prefer them as separate entities with no crossover! Not least because Xbox Live is not very reliable lately, a crossover just increases the number of things that can go wrong!
The statement below is true
The statement above is false
I don't think Nintendo will bother either, there probably won't be many games that they share which will be able to make use of it anyway.
There is also the proposed advantages/disadvantages one side would gain over the other on certain titles if they were made cross playable - Battlefield runs at higher resolution on PS4 than ONE so PS4 players may spot things easier, or from further away. On a beat em up like MKX, I could use an elite controller which doesn't have anything comparable on the PS4! Driving games may be slightly easier on ONE due to trigger design for control over acceleration/braking etc etc etc!
It might be that it's only limited to games like Rocket League, where it doesn't seem like either controller setup will have a huge advantage over the other.

If games like Battlefield did have cross-network play it'd be interesting if they did so with PC and consoles. I've never played a modern FPS on PC, but apparently the dexterity of a mouse and keyboard combo holds a big advantage over a standard console controller.
Yeah, mouse and keyboard for FPS is 'the way of the master', apparently!!

Cross play with PC worries me more for hacking and cheating and modding and so on - all those aimbots and stuff!
Crossplay with PC is already a thing on games like Final Fantasy XIV on PS4. I don't like it.

There is very much an increased dexterity in using a mouse and keyboard, therefore it's very easy for console players in a group to get left behind/not react as quickly. They've tried to combat that by using the touch pad on the controller like a mouse pad, but it just doesn't work that well. Makes the chat window a PITA as well.

PC users also get arsey very very quickly if you're not as quick as they are I've noticed.
Xbox - captainhetty Friend Code 4141-6343-5085
PSN - captain_hetty Twitter - @PootPlaysGames
Instagram - emily_pootle

I have trouble playing with other people on Xbox Live, I can imagine this being a nightmare.
[Image: MQE3xPD.png]
Your Xbox Live account may be deactivated if you don't sign in at least once in a five year period. Who has the time though? Ugh.
[Image: MQE3xPD.png]