NES Mini
So Nintendo has announced a brand new mini HMDI version of the NES
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/07/14/ni...es-console
I'm kinda tempted, if only for FF, Metroid and the first LoZ.
I think I'll be picking one up, it looks really cool and not a bad price. It'd be amazing if SNES gets the same treatment at some point.
There's no Alex the Kid? Shame. Bubble Bobble is awesome though, one of the first games I played I think. I remember that and Deja Vu for the Spectrum.

Deja Vu -
[Image: MQE3xPD.png]
Hopefully it paves the way for a SNES version & an N64 version too; I'd bloody love both!
I've already picked up most of those games on VC so the price tag is a little too much for me.
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
Not too bad of a price I suppose, but I'd only buy this for nostalgia alone.

Incidentally we still have have our original NES up in the loft, albeit with a little wear and tear. For that reason I reckon I'm covered for nostalgia, besides if I ever feel like dusting off those games, I don't mind playing them in their original state.

Same goes if they ever decided to do a mini SNES, N64 or Gamecube.
I never had an NES, so I might pick it up. It depends on the quality of the hardware simulation. Nintendo are known for being a little half-assed with the quality of their VC emulation (and also suing anyone who is better at it than they are because "piracy").

The controllers being Wii remote compatible (and available separately) is a big plus, as there's more variety on the VC. Doing the same thing for the SNES is almost guaranteed because they've already done replica SNES controllers for the Wii remote (I have one). I'd buy the SNES one in a heartbeat, especially if Secret of Mana and Super Metroid were on it.
GameFAQs users are 80% trolls and 19% stupid. - hyjinx17
(07-15-2016, 01:39 AM)PTC Crisco Wrote: There's no Alex the Kid? Shame. Bubble Bobble is awesome though, one of the first games I played I think. I remember that and Deja Vu for the Spectrum.

Deja Vu -

A friend has just let me know the correct spelling of Alex the Kidd, informed me that it was for the SEGA Master System and told me I should ashamed of myself.

Sorry everyone, I've let you down. And I'm not a massive fan of Zelda, don't know why, I just never really got it.
[Image: MQE3xPD.png]

I'm tempted to pick one up, but releasing in the middle of the 'holiday' rush means I can't really justify devoting gaming time to it. If they'd released it during the current summer drought I'd have already snapped it up.
Well now Sega is releasing a mini mega drive with 80 games for the same price. It comes in two flavours, hand held and home console and the home console version will have a slot for mega drive cartridges. Downside are no HDMI, just a classic av cable and the device is licenced not developed by Sega
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.