Monster Hunter World
(01-26-2018, 04:39 PM)Plasma wing Wrote: Slight spoilers ahead.

Customisable cat companions!  Big Grin  That game of the year right there.

I've made a purple tabby with devil-horn shaped ears. Its name is Jynx, which I meant as a play on Lynx but only remembered the stupid Nicki Minaj looking pokémon once it was too late.

Voice acting is a little disappointing. It's not bad quality but they've used Nolan "Game Industry Herpes" North and those same half a dozen voice actors from every JRPG ever. Every time I talk to anyone, I'm thinking "not you again!".

Sodding typical that I've been mentally exhausted all day, so I've hardly done any quests.
GameFAQs users are 80% trolls and 19% stupid. - hyjinx17
It’ll be Monday before I have chance to start playing this, though I’ll probably be up for some co-op in the week if anyone’s about?
(01-26-2018, 10:18 PM)Slam Shot Sam Wrote: It’ll be Monday before I have chance to start playing this, though I’ll probably be up for some co-op in the week if anyone’s about?

Apparently multiplayer is borked on Xbox for anything other than private sessions. PS4 isn't having as many problems, because they had betas. I don't know why the betas had to be PS4 exclusive anyway.
GameFAQs users are 80% trolls and 19% stupid. - hyjinx17
Cause A. Sony has more money seemingly to throw at buying exclusive
B. It's Japanese, Xbox is an afterthought.
So I decided to finish Horizon Zero Dawn instead of starting this, due to the online issues, but Horizon took way longer than I’d expected (final playtime was just shy of 60 hours) and also met my current need for hunting large creatures in an open world. Thinking I’ll play an FPS or something next as a spacer game, though if I have my appetite for hunting big beasties back after that, there’ll also be a copy of Shadow of the Colossus on PS4 vying for my attention...
First major expansion and a Witcher crossover coming next year.
Two PS4 exclusive Iceborne betas are coming later this month and even later this month.
[Image: MQE3xPD.png]