Red Dead Redemption 2
The first gameplay video was released today.

It looks good.
[Image: ScorpionandSub-Zero_zps24a12b2b.png]
Red Dead Online is coming in November.
Apparently the install download size is 105gb! Soon be time to upgrade to bigger HDD.
I have an 8TB external drive and will still need to do some deleting...
The team share their thoughts on the latest gameplay trailer.
Well the internet went insane when YouTuber Shirrako posted a video of Arthur punching a suffragette and feeding her to alligators. With YouTube banning his account. I mean the character in question is an annoying bigot who thinks all men are p****s and of course you can literally perform this action on any other NPC including Klansmen so yeah #NPClivesmatter now.
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
That’s very silly indeed.

I’d actually somewhat been struggling to get into this, due to lots of little things annoying the piss out of me between the many incredible moments. I think it’s because the lows are so pronounced next to the comparative highs, but last night I ploughed through the niggles, where I’d previously been throwing in the towel, and ended up having to tear myself away at 3am (having started playing at 9pm)...
It's an exceedingly impressive and beautiful game, with typically witty and interesting dialogue from the game's cast of wacky characters. Some people have complained about the combat being bad but really I think they just want it to be easy.

However yes niggles it does have, not even bugs or glitches annoying me just simple things like if an AI attacks you *first* and you fight back you're the one who gets a wanted level and/or lose honour (which the game really doesn't want you to max out lol). There is also a lot of travel time, and binding the draw gun and talk to people to the same trigger is kind of silly, several times I've gone to talk to someone and started a fight by pulling a gun on them.

Also I do have one seemingly unique and annoying bug, map waypoints simply do not work for me - still I'm learning to read by map well!
(11-08-2018, 06:29 PM)Metalrodent Wrote: There is also a lot of travel time, and binding the draw gun and talk to people to the same trigger is kind of silly, several times I've gone to talk to someone and started a fight by pulling a gun on them.

What the shit? I don't understand why anyone would think this is acceptable.
(11-08-2018, 06:29 PM)Metalrodent Wrote: However yes niggles it does have, not even bugs or glitches annoying me just simple things like if an AI attacks you *first* and you fight back you're the one who gets a wanted level and/or lose honour (which the game really doesn't want you to max out lol).

I reached the positive end of the honour system for the first time tonight; I’m always strapped for cash so can’t resist stealing hunters’ kills, swiping gold from prospectors, robbing houses, etc.

On that note, it was very annoying when I lost $95 through no fault of my own earlier (I’m still on Chapter 2, so that’s a fair chunk of change). For some reason when I went to give an NPC the item I’d bought for them, they started shooting at me and I became wanted for trespassing. Loaded the last auto-save as it had ballsed the quest up, only to find the money was gone and I didn’t have the item anymore.