Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PlayStation 5
Played the Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin demo last night. Mechanically speaking, I enjoyed it - it's basically FF7 Remake meets Nioh, which is what I expected (and wanted). Visually and narratively it's underwhelming so far, though.
Don't have a PS5 yet, so I can't try the demo. Thought it looked a bit pants during the reveal to be honest.

Still yet to play Nioh, were they as hard as the Soulsborne games? Despite completing Dark Souls 1 and almost finishing 3, (seriously, got to the last boss and lost my save), I just don't have the patience to play them again. Same with Sekiro, despite owning it.
Having finished them all, I’d say Nioh is harder than Dark Souls and easier than Sekiro. It’s definitely worth playing, though!

The trailer for Stranger of Paradise is embarrassing, to be honest, but after going hands-on it already feels pretty good and isn’t due out until sometime in 2022.
I 'won' the Currys lottery to buy a PS5 bundle from them, but having just bought a new laptop this offer arrived a couple of weeks too late. I think I would have gone for it otherwise.

Still want to get a Series X first but I'm getting really fed up not being able to find one, especially with Battlefield 2042 only a couple of months away (I could easily run it on my laptop, but I like playing FPS on a console/TV). 

I'm tempted just to get a Series S in the meantime as they're so readily available, then upgrade later on when the X is (hopefully) easier to find.

The lack of a disc drive does bother me but I've only really used the Modern Warfare disc over the past year or so (and even then just because Warzone required it, for some reason), everything else I've played has either been a digital purchase or through Game Pass, so maybe I won't miss it. Half my physical collection seems to be on GP these days anyway.
Anyone catch the showcase last night? Thought it was a pretty strong showing, God of War: Ragnarok being my personal highlight.

Still no black PS5 though, grr...

Also pretty annoyed about the KOTOR remake to be honest.
(09-10-2021, 09:54 AM)Plasma wing Wrote: Anyone catch the showcase last night? Thought it was a pretty strong showing, God of War: Ragnarok being my personal highlight.

Still no black PS5 though, grr...

Here's our official thoughts on the show.

I sort of regret not picking up a PS5 when I had the chance but with most of these not likely to be coming out anytime soon I suppose there's no real rush at the moment.

I never played the original KOTOR but know it's held in high regard by many, I might have to give the original version a try in the meantime. If they're remaking older Star Wars games now I hope they show some love to the Rogue Squadron series.
(09-10-2021, 09:54 AM)Plasma wing Wrote: Still no black PS5 though, grr...

Hide the console away and buy the official black controller - that’s what I’ve done, anyway.

KOTOR is coming to Xbox if that’s what has you annoyed, Plas. It’s described as “a console exclusive at launch,” so will be making the transition eventually.
(09-10-2021, 09:54 AM)Plasma wing Wrote: Still no black PS5 though, grr...

They did it! Sort of.