Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Team Talk
I figured it'd be easier to have all of these in one place.

This week was about our favourite gaming locations.

Nice to see the Spencer Mansion from Res Evil get an honourable mention. That's a hella creepy place.
[Image: MQE3xPD.png]
Resident Evil’s full of great settings. The police station from RE2 and plantation from RE7 also spring to mind.
The most disappointing releases of 2019.

Crackdown might be a controversial choice, as I believe there were only seven or eight people who didn't expect it to be hot garbage and I'm two of them.
I can get behind Crackdown, now ok I cannot deny I had some fun with it, but after all the waiting it was just Crackdown 1 HD basically (and even then the graphics weren't that great). Got repetitive very quickly, driving is still bad, bosses were both frustrating and kinda easy (no tactics required, just a case of constantly moving to avoid the often ridicluous barrage of fire) and I played two matches of the Wrecking Mode before I decided never to touch it again.
Now this could have been offset had it had humour and charm, but it doesn't - after your two minute Terry Crews shouting intro that's it he's gone and the rest of the game is just voice-overs from the standard narrator guy (occasionally amusing) and a plot shield hacker lady, and the odd bit of the enemy bosses shouting at you. Cutscenes are just reduced to short graphic novel style sequences.

All that said, there is still something strangely addictive about wanting to get that nxt orb, or climb the next tower in the distance.
I had pretty much the same experience too. I wanted that crazy cloud-powered destruction we were shown. Agents of Mayhem was a far better Crackdown 3.
Yep, Crackdown 3, but at least it was free on GamesPass. Otherwise felt both Control and Wolfenstein: Youngblood were both significantly less fun from what I had hoped for, albeit with some good points in each.
I liked the sound of Control but not enough to play it. It'll be one of those "I'll grab it when it's free" games, I reckon.
Our Game of the Year picks.

Your turn.
Our picks for Game of the Decade.

I imagine everyone's got quite a shortlist. The Witcher 3 came close for me and I know Sam thought about opting for GTA V's single player campaign.
That's quite the question, not sure I'd be able to answer lol. Many games I have played a lot and enjoyed.

In terms of dedication and longevity GTAO I guess would have to be one of mine, even if I do still have niggles I love to complain about after all these years lol. Minecraft would also fall under that category too.