Pass the Controller
Chivalry Medieval Warfare - Printable Version

+- Pass the Controller (http://forum.passthecontroller.co.uk)
+-- Forum: The Forums (http://forum.passthecontroller.co.uk/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (http://forum.passthecontroller.co.uk/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Chivalry Medieval Warfare (/thread-386.html)

Pages: 1 2

Chivalry Medieval Warfare - PTC l1am - 12-11-2015

Here's a review for this. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for something a little different in the multiplayer market.

DVR doesn't work with the game at the moment but I've heard that it's being looked at. A bit annoying as there have been some memorable moments I would have liked to capture, such as the time I charged someone from across the map (screaming my war-cry, naturally) and forgot about the log trap just in front of them, which crushed me to death just feet away from him.

RE: Chivalry Medieval Warfare - Metalrodent - 12-11-2015

That's a very generous score, I played it on the 360 and it felt somewhat awful, didn't look at all like the PC footage I'd seen. However I haven't played it on the One so can't comment. Sure it is good fun with a full game of players.

RE: Chivalry Medieval Warfare - Slam Shot Sam - 12-11-2015

Haven't played the game at all myself, but from what I understand the 360 version was dumbed down, whereas the One version is the proper PC version.

RE: Chivalry Medieval Warfare - PTC l1am - 12-11-2015

I never played the 360 version either so I can't compare, but I can see how this could be a Marmite game for some. It takes some getting used to, but I also enjoy sword and shield type things so that probably helped a bit.

RE: Chivalry Medieval Warfare - Confused Johnny - 12-12-2015

Fantastic review, really put across the game imo!

I pre-ordered this as it isn't a FPS, sports sim or race sim and it is all about the MP - so far I have thoroughly enjoyed it!

I have only played Team Scenario and Horde modes - but these are so much fun I don't feel limited!

I really wish DVR worked on this (hope the fix for it arrives soon) as I have had some epic moments - like the time my teammate set someone on fire and I charged in, screaming 'FOR AGATHA' and lopped off his head in one slice for an achievement, or when I went on a headstrong charge to free the last few slaves and ended up surrounded by 2 knights and 3 vanguards, used up all my stamina with some of the most epic blocking I have ever managed whilst retreating at a hell of a pace and just when I had nothing left and I had accepted death was coming, 3 knights from my team joined from the sides and saved me!! Epic!!

I sort of think of this game as Battlefield set in the 12th or 13th century - swords and shields instead of rifles and machine guns, Archers instead of snipers and Ballista and Onagers instead of tanks and helicopters!

RE: Chivalry Medieval Warfare - PTC l1am - 12-13-2015

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

The DVR seems to be up and running now, I tried to record something tonight to test it out and it worked without any problems.

This game does create a lot of standout moments in matches. I also ended up cornered the other day by about five or six enemies and somehow managed to take out four of them before I went down, it was loads of fun.

Have you tried Duel mode? I've had some great one-on-one battles in it and it doesn't seem to be dominated by Knights anymore. The smaller maps are really well designed too.

RE: Chivalry Medieval Warfare - Confused Johnny - 12-14-2015

I havnt, not yet! Is that the 1 v 1 mode?

Its Team Scenario all the way atm, I load it up intending to go on TD or FFA and end up on Scenario! Not played Horde in days either!

I had some issues with the DLC for it, even though I have the bells and whistles edition it wouldn't recognise I had installed the Dreadnought Inquisitor and Barbarian Packs. Then for some reason last night they appeared in my menu options, working fine.

Same with customisation - from the main screen it seems only aesthetic changes are saved, not weapon or shield load-outs. To save weapon sets you have to use the customisation screen in match!

RE: Chivalry Medieval Warfare - PTC l1am - 12-16-2015

Yep, it's the 1 vs 1 mode. I had a duel match recently where someone chose to be an archer which is absolute madness, the round didn't last long!

RE: Chivalry Medieval Warfare - PTC l1am - 03-02-2016

Seeing as it's by the same developer I'll post the news about the new game trailer for Mirage: Arcane Warfare here. I'm interested to see more when the reveal trailer comes out next week. Hopefully there will be news of console versions at some point too.

RE: Chivalry Medieval Warfare - PTC l1am - 02-26-2020

Sign-ups for next month's Chivalry 2 closed alpha are now open. It's all under NDAs, but it would still be good to give it a go.