Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

100% Complete Games
Yakuza: Like a Dragon finally finished!

Took 80+ hours to get the 100%, most of which was enjoyable though some was definitely a bit of a slog. Pretty much have to grind your party to max level in order to complete the last dungeon for the final achievement. Beating it (True Final Millennium Tower) is pretty tough even once maxed out.
How did you find the fights in this one? I’ve only played first few Yakuza games but much prefer real-time to turn-based combat.
It was my first Yakuza game, so never played one with real-time combat.

I’m not usually a big fan of tuning-based, but it’s more dynamic than most. Rather than standing stock still everyone moves around in the 3D environment, which also allows for strategic timing. Standard attack when an enemy is next to an environmental object that can be used as a weapon, Special AOE move if enemies group up, etc. There’s also timed button prompts to deal bonus damage and timing-based blocks.

On the whole pretty decent as far as turn-based goes - like a more advanced version of the South Park RPGs.
That’s Undertale done as well. Recent addition to Game Pass and it’s... fine. Not really sure why it has such a following.
I played for about 20 mins and didn’t get the appeal. Is it worth sticking with? More excited about Outriders, Cyberpunk, Village and - maybe! - Like a Dragon. Then May is for Mass Effect!
It gets a little better in terms of story and characters, but you’ve pretty much seen the extent of the gameplay. It’s an easy completion, takes around five hours if that makes a difference.
Genesis Noir, another recent Game Pass addition, done and dusted. This has a really unique aesthetic and is visually stunning at times, but it would’ve been better served as a film or visual novel. The interactive gameplay elements detract from the experience, rather than adding anything of value. If it were a VR “experience” it could get away with that - and probably excel, actually - but not so much as a conventional game.
(03-24-2021, 08:18 AM)MrkDhn10 Wrote: Just completed Adios, which is quite an unusual game about being a pig-farmer who takes care of bodies for a hitman. One of the achievements was broken but developer has - vey quickly! - fixed it. Definitely interested to see what they make next.

Just completed Adios as well. It’s a little dry at first, though gets much better. Manages to be amusing, endearing, sad, suspenseful, etc. over ~90 minutes and still be coherent - that alone is worthy of praise!
I liked it, although maybe a few too many achievements round the last meal!
Just completed Sanity of Morris. I do like to support indie games, but this one was pretty terrible. Quick completion, but not remotely recommended!